Robert ter Horst
- Retired Professor of Spanish and Comparative Literature
PhD, Johns Hopkins University
Books and Monographs
- The Fortunes of the Novel: A Study in the Transposition of a Genre. Peter Lang, 2003. Studies on Cervantes and His Time 8.
- With Dian Fox and Harry Sieber, editors. Studies in Honor of Bruce W. Wardropper. Juan de la Cuesta, 1989. Juan de la Cuesta Hispanic Monographs, Series Homenajes 6.
- Calderón: The Secular Plays. U of Kentucky P, 1982.
Articles and Book Chapters
- "Francisco de Quevedo and the Poetic Matter of Patronage." Objects of Culture in the Literature of Imperial Spain, edited by Mary E. Barnard and Frederick A. de Armas, U of Toronto P, 2013, pp. 181-204. Toronto Iberic.
- "The Sexual Economy of Miguel de Cervantes." Bodies and Biases: Sexualities in Hispanic Cultures and Literatures, edited by David William Foster and Roberto Reis, U of Minnesota P, 1996, pp. 1-23. Hispanic Issues 13.
- "Poetics and Economics in the Vida retirada of Fray Luis de León." Hispanic Review, vol. 64, no. 2, Spring 1996, pp. 149-69. JSTOR, doi:10.2307/474645.
- "Epic Descent: The Filiations of Don Juan." MLN, vol. 111, no. 2, Mar. 1996, pp. 255-74. JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/3251527.
- "Cervantes and the Paternity of the English Novel." Cultural Authority in Golden Age Spain, edited by Marina S. Brownlee and Hans Ulrich Gumbrecht, Johns Hopkins UP, 1995, pp. 165-77. Parallax.