Courses Offered (subject to change)
- CLT 101D: Mexico, DF: The Global Metropolis (Spring 2015)
- SP 200: Advanced Spanish Composition (Fall 2017)
- SP 204: Coming to Terms: Spanish American Literature, from Tradition to Innovation (Spring 2016)
- SP 206: The Invention of Spanish America: From Colonial Subjects to Global Citizens (Spring 2016)
- SP 262B: Cuba at a Crossroads (Fall 2015)
- SP 266: Brazilian Culture and Literature (Spring 2013)
- SP 270: The Hispanic Short Story (Fall 2017)
- SP 275: Marx and Freud in Latin America (Spring 2017)
- SP 280: The Transhispanic Supernatural: Ghosts, Witches, and Vampires in Film and Literature from Spain and Spanish America – co-taught with Claudia Schaefer (Spring 2017)
- SP 287: Latin-American Film (Fall 2016)
- SP 287A: Mexican Film (Spring 2014)
- With Claudia Schaefer. "From Utopia to Uchronia: After-images of Revolutionary History in Contemporary Mexican Film." Studies in Spanish and Latin American Cinema, vol. 13, no. 2, Jun. 2016, pp. 137-57. Ingenta Connect, doi:10.1386/slac.13.2.137_1.
- With Claudia Schaefer. "Magic Mexican Modernity: The Shifting Image of Witches and Witchcraft in the Movies." The Supernatural Revamped: From Timeworn Legends to Twenty-First-Century Chic, edited by Barbara Brodman and James E. Doan, Fairleigh Dickinson UP / Rowman and Littlefield, 2016, pp. 97-114.
- With Claudia Schaefer. "The Sublime Vampire: Transparency, Melodrama, and the Mise-en-Scène of Two Mexican Vampire Films." The Universal Vampire: Origins and Evolution of a Legend, edited by Barbara Brodman and James E. Doan, Fairleigh Dickinson UP / Rowman and Littlefield, 2013, pp. 225-38.
- "Seduction, Constellation, Illumination: The Afterlife of Walter Benjamin in the Writings of Sergio Pitol." Benjamin in Latin America. Spec. issue of Discourse, vol. 32, no. 1, Winter 2010, pp. 117-37. JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/41389833.
- Mexico's Ruins: Juan García Ponce and the Writing of Modernity. State U of New York P, 2007. SUNY Series in Latin American and Iberian Thought and Culture.
- "All Streetcars Are Named Desire: The Lost Cities of Juan García Ponce's Personas, lugares y anexas." New Centennial Review, vol. 5, no. 3, Winter 2005, pp. 35-64. JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/41949491.