Before joining the University of Rochester, Cho taught Korean at Rice University and Northern Arizona University. As a language instructor, she is interested in all aspects of language learning and teaching. She strives to give her students tools that can help them explore and experience the Korean language and Korean culture.
Courses Offered (subject to change)
- KOR 101 Elementary Korean I (Fall)
- KOR 102 Elementary Korean II (Spring)
- KOR 151 Intermediate Korean I (Fall)
- KOR 152 Intermediate Korean II (Spring)
- KOR 201 Advanced Intermediate Korean I (Fall)
- Arizona Computer-Assisted Language Learning Conference (AZCALL) Report. AZTESOL News, no. 35, Mar. 2014, pp. 15-16.
Selected Conference Presentations
- "The Effect and Students' Perceptions of Corrective Feedback." American Council of Teachers of Foreign Languages' 2017 Annual Convention and World Languages Expo, Nov. 2017, Nashville.
- "Enhancing Intercultural Communicative Competence through Awareness of Responsive Tokens for Korean as a Foreign Language Learners." Twentieth Annual National Council of Less Commonly Taught Languages Conference, 21-23 Apr. 2017, Chicago.
- "Film Incorporated Curriculum: Adding Authenticity, Fun, and Diversity to Language Learning." Twenty-First Annual Conference and Professional Development Workshop by American Association of Teachers of Korean, 16-18 Jun. 2016, Emory University, Atlanta.
- "Teaching Trades for Language Learners." Nineteenth Annual National Council of Less Commonly Taught Languages Conference, 21-24 Apr. 2016, Atlanta.
- "Learning and Teaching Environment of Correction Symbols Only in KFL Class." Nineteenth Annual National Council of Less Commonly Taught Languages Conference, 21-24 Apr. 2016, Atlanta.
- "A Key to Enriching Language Instruction: Building Up Collegiality Among Language Teachers." New York 'State Association of Foreign Language Teachers Spring Conference, 5 Mar. 2016, Rochester.
- "Feel Korean Sentiments Through a Korean Song and Melody." Rosetta Stone, 16 Apr. 2014, Northern Arizona U, Flagstaff.
- "Identity of Listening and Ways to Listening Proficiency." Peaks Interdisciplinary Conference, 22-24 Feb. 2013, Northern Arizona U, Flagstaff.