My research broadly focuses on how emotions shape interpersonal relationships. Specifically, I am interested in examining how and when expressing empathy promotes relationship satisfaction.
- Le, J., & Smith, P. K. (2019, June). Power and Dependence as Motivators of Empathic Accuracy. Talk presented at the University of California San Diego's Annual Undergraduate Research Conference, La Jolla, CA.
- Dozier, M. E., Bratiotis, C., Broadnax, D., Le, J., & Ayer, C. R. (2019). A description of 17 animal hoarding case files from Animal Control and the Humane Society, Psychiatry Research, 272, 365-368.
- Teaching Assistant: Relationship Processes and Emotions, Fall 2019
- Teaching Assistant: Laboratory in Psychological Research Methods, Spring 2019
- Teaching Assistant: Research Methods in Psychology, Fall 2018
- Outstanding Psychology Honors Poster Award, 2019
- Provost Honors, University of California San Diego, 2016-2019
- Psi Chi Honor Society in Psychology, 2017-2019
B.S. in Social Psychology with Highest Distinction, University of California San Diego, 2019