Why Study Abroad?
Open your eyes to the world
Science and technology have no borders! Invest in your future by developing cross-cultural skills that will enable you to communicate with scientists anywhere in the world.
Enhance your career
Learn how to function in a culturally diverse environment early on. Develop broader skills and the ability to adapt to new environments.
See your culture and yourself from a different perspective. Learn to appreciate other languages and global perspectives, while better understanding your own values.
Did you know?
You do not need to speak another language to study abroad. Many programs offer courses in English.
The following programs are especially suited for students looking to take biology courses while abroad:
- UR Biology in the Galapagos (Ecuador)
- The University of Western Australia (Australia)
- IES University of Sydney (Australia)
- University of Sydney (Australia)
- Danish Institute for Study Abroad (Denmark)
- IES Abroad London (England)
- Queen Mary University of London (England)
- Seoul National University (Korea)
- IES Abroad Auckland (New Zealand)
For more information about studying abroad, visit the Education Abroad site.
For major or departmental credit:
Office: Hutchison 488
For elective credit, consult with a study abroad advisor. For transfer credit evaluations please use our online form.
What Are my First Steps?
- Attend an information session
- Research available programs
- Meet with a study abroad advisor