Authorized Biology Independent Research Instructors

Students planning to take an independent research course need to check the list below to ensure their faculty are authorized to instruct an independent research course.

Those unable to find their faculty's name on the list may request to have them added by emailing the Biology Department Undergraduate Office.

Only U of R "Teaching" faculty members may instruct undergraduate research courses.

Members of the "Research" faculty who wish to instruct independent research (395) courses may ask their department chair to send an email that authorizes them to supervise 395 / 395W courses to the Biology Department Undergraduate Office or agree to oversee the instruction of the course by listing their name as the course instructor.