Support Services

Students in need of support are encouraged to speak with their advisor, the department’s graduate coordinator, or Katie Mott, Assistant Director of Student Support Services in the Office of Graduate Education and Postdoctoral Affairs located in Lattimore 206. 

In addition, the Ombudsperson Program provides a confidential and independent mechanism for addressing conflicts and concerns of PhD candidates and post-doctoral fellows. 

Students can also refer themselves and others to the CARE Network, an office dedicated to helping students understand what type of support they need and connecting them with the appropriate campus resources.  

In addition, the University Counseling Center (UCC) provides individualized and group treatment to students with mental health and well-being concerns. Their services are free for full-time students who pay the mandatory health fee. To schedule an appointment, call (585) 275-3113 or visit the center on the second floor of the University Health Service building located at 738 Library Road on the River Campus. 

Emergency Contacts

Call the Department of Public Safety at (585) 275-3333 or by picking up a direct dial Blue Light Emergency Phone on campus. For mental health emergencies, call Public Safety or the UCC 24/7 on-call professional at (585) 275-3113.