My research aims to advance understanding of the complex interplay of social, cognitive, and affective processes that impact well-being across the spectrum of psychological functioning. I am particularly interested in researching basic processes underlying the reciprocal relationship between breakdowns in interpersonal functioning and the development of internalizing symptoms (i.e., depression and anxiety).
- Glenn, C. R., Kleiman, E. M., Coppersmith, D. D. L., Santee, A. C., Esposito, E. C., Cha, D. B., Nock, M. K., & Auerbach, R. P. (2017). Implicit identification with death predicts change in suicide ideation during psychiatric treatment in adolescents. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 58(12), 1319-1329.
- Glenn, C. R., Lanzillo, E. C., Esposito, E., Santee, A. C., Nock, M. K., & Auerbach, R. P. (2017). Examining the course of suicidal and nonsuicidal self-injurious thoughts and behaviors in outpatient and inpatient adolescents. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, 45(5), 971-983.
- *Kearns, J. C., *Coppersmith, D. D. L., Santee, A. C., Insel, C., Pigeon, W. R., & Glenn, C. R. (in press). Sleep problems and suicide risk in youth: A systematic review, developmental framework, and implications for hospital treatment. General Hospital Psychiatry. *Equal contribution.
- Shaw, Z. A., Li, Y. I., Santee, A. C., Hershenberg, R., & Starr, L. R. (2019, March). Developmental correlates of negative emotion differentiation in adolescence. Poster to be presented at the Society for Research in Child Development 2019 biennial meeting, Baltimore, MD.
- Starr, L. R., Shaw, Z. A., Li, Y. I., Santee, A. C., & Hershenberg, R. (2018, May). Negative emotion differentiation through a developmental lens: Associations with parental factors and age in adolescence. In K. Daniel (chair), Regulating Emotions Effectively: New Approaches to Understanding Effects of Time, Person, and Development. Symposium to be presented at the annual meeting for the Association for Psychological Science, Washington, DC.
- Starr, L. R., Hershenberg, R., Shaw, Z. A., Li, Y. I., & Santee, A. C. (2019, May). The Perils of Murky Emotions: A Diathesis-Stress Model of Negative Emotion Differentiation and Depressive Symptoms in Adolescence. In L. Starr (chair), Daily Emotional Dynamics and Transdiagnostic Clinical Outcomes: Leveraging Ecological Momentary Assessment in Psychopathology Research. Symposium to be presented at the annual meeting for the Association for Psychological Science, Washington, DC.
- Santee, A. C., Nock, M. K., & Glenn, C. R. (2016, April). Acquired capability for suicide: A multimethod prospective study of suicidal behavior in youth. Poster presented at the American Association of Suicidology 49th Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL.
- 2013: Wonnacott Award, Middlebury College
- 2012-2013: Psi Chi, International Honor Society in Psychology
- 2009-2013: College Scholar and Dean's List, Middlebury College
- 2015-2018: Lab Manager, Youth Risk and Resilience (YR2) Lab, University of Rochester (PI: Dr. Cassie Glenn)
- 2017-2018: Clinical Research Coordinator, Helping Older People Engage (HOPE) Lab, University of Rochester Medical Center (PI: Dr. Kimberly Van Orden)
- 2012-2013: Research Assistant, Children's Memory Project Lab, Middlebury College (PI: Dr. Michelle McCauley)
- 2013: Bachelor of Arts with High Honors in Psychology (Minor: Education Studies), Middlebury College