Entry Year: 2018-2019
Faculty Mentor(s): Christie Petrenko
Fax: (585) 273-1100
My research focuses on interventions to reduce adverse outcomes for children with developmental disabilities, particularly for Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD). I am especially interested in novel approaches to increase accessibility of evidence-based interventions to underserved populations. Additionally, I am interested in methods to reduct stigma and raise awareness of FASD.
- Kautz, C., Parr, J., & Petrenko, C. L. (2020). Self-care in caregivers of children with FASD: How do caregivers care for themselves, and what are the benefits and obstacles for doing so?. Research in Developental Disabilities, 99, 103578.
- Petrenko, C. L., Parr, J., Kautz, C., Tapparello, C., & Olson, H. C. (2020). A Mobile Health Intervention for Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (Families Moving Forward Connect): Development and Qualitative Evaluation of Design and Functionalities. JMIR mHealth ad uHealth, 8(4), e14721.
- Kautz, C. C., Gruen, R. L., DeLucia, E. A., Pomales-Ramos, A., Booth, L. L., & Ventola, P. E. (May, 2018). Reduced Levels of Anxiety, Depression, and Stress in Parents of Children with ASD following Participation in Pivotal Response Treatment. Poster presented at International Meeting for Autism Research. Rotterdam, NETHERLANDS.
- Gruen, R. L., Kautz, C. C., Pomales-Ramos, A., DeLucia, E. A., Booth, L. L., & Ventola, P. E. (May, 2018). Social Gains are Maintained at 4-Month Follow-up Evaluation of Pivotal Response Treatment for Children with Autism. Poster presented at International Meeting for Autism Research. Rotterdam, NETHERLANDS.
- Kautz, C. C., Yang, D., Pelphrey, K. A., Lei, J., Braconnier, M. L., Abdullahi, S. M., & Ventola, P. E. (May, 2017). Sex Differences in Adaptive and Social Behavior and Neural Responses to Biological Motion before and after Pivotal Response Treatment in Autism. San Francisco, CA.
- 2014: Human Biology Research Exploration Program - Stanford University