Dr. Elliot will not be accepting applications for graduate students for the 2023-2024 academic year.
The primary focus of Dr. Elliot's research is approach and avoidance motivation. Professor Elliot examines the antecedents, consequences, and development of achievement motivation and social motivation. He conducts basic, applied, and cross-cultural research in educational and sport contexts. Professor Elliot's work focuses on the self, motivation, achievement, and social connection.
Courses Offered (subject to change)
- PSYC 161: Social Psychology and Individual Differences
- PSYC 365/465: Achievement and Motivation in Developing Countries
Recent Visitors to the Lab
- 2017-2018: Tengxiao Zhang (China)
- 2016-2017: Martin Daumiller (Germany)
- 2016-2017: Arief Liem (Singapore)
- 2014-2016: Dr. Malgorzata Goclowska (Netherlands)
- 2014-2015: Dr. Jun Ma (China)
- 2015: Dr. Chen Chen (China)
- 2015: Michael Jury (France)
- 2015-2016: Nicolas Sommet (Switzerland)
- 2015-2016: Dr. Haomin Zhang (China)