Professor Elliot's research focuses on approach and avoidance motivation, achievement motivation, social motivation, and well being.
The primary focus of Dr. Elliot's research is on the hierarchical model of approach and avoidance motivation. Professor Elliot examines the antecedents, consequences, and development of achievement motivation and social motivation. He conducts basic, applied, and cross-cultural research in educational and sport contexts. Professor Elliot's work focuses on the self, motivation, achievement, and social connection.
Courses Offered (subject to change)
- CSP 161 Social Psychology and Individual Differences
- CSP 364/464 Achievement and Motivation
Recent Visitors to the Lab
- 2016-2017: Martin Daumiller (Germany)
- 2016-2017: Arief Liem (Singapore)
- 2014-2016: Dr. Malgorzata Goclowska (Netherlands)
- 2014-2015: Dr. Jun Ma (China)
- 2015: Dr. Chen Chen (China)
- 2015: Michael Jury (France)
- 2015-2016: Nicolas Sommet (Switzerland)
- 2015-2016: Dr. Haomin Zhang (China)