- Adjunct Professor of History
PhD, University of Rochester, 1993
401A Rush Rhees Library
Office Hours: Monday and Wednesday, 4-5 p.m.
Interests: Early Modern Europe; History of Technology
Technology and energy have played an enormous role in the development of civilization, but the process by which technologies and various energy resources were developed and utilized remains an area of great opportunities for historical researchers.
My research interest is to deeply explore the history of these fields and present them in ways that offer new insights and understanding about their role in our modern world.
Courses Offered (subject to change)
- HIST 174: American Military History, Syllabus
- HIST 179: History of New York, Syllabus
- HIST 180: History of Technology, Syllabus
- HIST 186: History of Energy Resources and Utilization, Syllabus
Selected Publication Covers
- General Editor, Encyclopedia of Energy, 4 volumes, Salem Press, 2012
- Documentary History of American Waterworks, Digital History, http://www.waterworkshistory.