Technology and energy have played an enormous role in the development of civilization, but the process by which technologies and various energy resources were developed and utilized remains an area of great opportunities for historical researchers.
My research interest is to deeply explore the history of these fields and present them in ways that offer new insights and understanding about their role in our modern world.
Courses Offered (subject to change)
- HIS 174: American Military History, Syllabus
- HIS 179: History of New York, Syllabus
- HIS 180: History of Technology, Syllabus
- HIS 186: History of Energy Resources and Utilization, Syllabus
Select Publication Covers
- General Editor, Encyclopedia of Energy, 4 volumes, Salem Press, 2012
- Documentary History of American Waterworks, Digital History, http://www.waterworkshistory.