The Goergen Institute for Data Science is the center for interdisciplinary data science research at the University of Rochester. With the establishment of the Goergen Institute for Data Science working groups, Director Mujdat Cetin has brought faculty from across the University of Rochester together, with the common goal of pursuing interdisciplinary data science research opportunities.
The GIDS working groups focus on the following themes:
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Imaging, optics, and computer/human vision
- Life sciences and biomedical data science
- Health analytics and digital health
- Human-data-system interfaces
- AI-augmented learning and work