Institute NewsFebruary 18, 2021
Data Science Spring 2021 Speaker Series
The Goergen Institute for Data Science is proud to announce our Data Science Spring 2021 Speaker Series!
Join us for a series of free, virtual research talks given by faculty and research leaders from across the globe. All talks are on Fridays from 2-3 p.m.
View the event poster (pdf).
This spring's lineup includes:
- 2/19 - SLIDE: Commodity Hardware is All You Need for Large-Scale Deep Learning, with Anshumali Shrivastava, Assistant Professor of Computer Science, Rice University
- Zoom link: https://rochester.zoom.us/j/92946169954
- 3/12- AI-Powered Extraction of Knowledge from Social Media, with Yiannis Kompatsiaris, Research Director, Information Technologies Institute (ITI), Centre for Research & Technology Hellas (CERTH)
- Zoom link: https://rochester.zoom.us/j/98073317071
- 3/26- Subvector Inference in Partially Identified Models with Many Moment Inequalities, with Alexandre Belloni, John D. Forsyth Professor of Business Administration and Statistical Science, Duke University
- Zoom link: https://rochester.zoom.us/j/93494510361
- 4/2- Interpretable Prediction of Obstructive Lung Disease from Chest Radiographs with Deep Learning, withTolga Tasdizen, Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Utah
- Zoom link: https://rochester.zoom.us/j/97885004386
- 4/16 - (Re-)Imag(in)ing Price Trends, with Dacheng Xiu, Professor of Econometrics and Statistics, Booth School of Business, University of Chicago
- Zoom link: https://rochester.zoom.us/j/93334004858
- 4/23 - Using Data Science to Uncover the Morphogenetic Blueprints of the Fly Embryo, with Tomer Stern, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Princeton University
- Zoom link: https://rochester.zoom.us/j/95150800076
- 4/30 - Design for Inference and the Power of Random Experiments in Biology, with Aviv Regev, Head of Research and Early Development at Genentech
- Zoom link: https://rochester.zoom.us/j/96981374405