Fall 2020 Audition Schedule
The Government Inspector by Nikolai Gogol
Auditions are open to everyone irrespective of whether you will be on-campus or remote.
Zoom (remote) Audition dates (by appointment only): Friday, August 28 starting at 7 p.m. and Saturday, August 29 starting at 12 noon.
Audition location: Zoom online
Audition requirements: These have changed for Fall 20, so please read instructions below.
Instructions on How to Audition for The Government Inspector:
- Download and fill out an Audition Form.
- Reserve a 15 minute audition time slot. NOTE: This slot will be for 2 people, so you will be paired (or you will pair yourself) with someone. You can choose who your partner is and reserve together, or you can leave it to fate! (It would be best to partner up--even with someone you don't know--sooner rather than later, so if you see a blank spot: take it!.)
- Get together (virtually) with your partner, and choose one of the short sides/extracts to perform (please read the READ THIS doc in that folder first). Please NOTE: the gender of the characters is unimportant. Anyone can play any character. Just have fun.
- You might want to rehearse your extract/side with your partner before auditioning.
- Show up at the appropriate time on Zoom to audition.
- Read the play (optional, but recommended; you may need to use a VPN if you are off-campus to access the text)
- The side/extract does not have to be memorized. That being said, it's always better to memorize if you can, so...
- Be prepared to switch roles during the audition.
Questions? Contact Nigel
Q: If I am studying remotely this semester, can I audition and be cast in the production?
Q: If I am cast, will I need to be available live (ie at the appropriate time/synchronously) for rehearsals?
A: Yes. You will need to be available synchronously during all rehearsal times for which you are called.
Q: Will rehearsals be in-person or remote/online?
A: There may be both in-person and remote rehearsals, depending on people's comfort levels and the needs of the production.
Q: What platform will rehearsals be held on?
A: Most likely we will be using Zoom.
Q: What platform will the production take place on?
A: We're still investigating, but probably a modified version of Zoom. We're not 100% sure yet.
Q: Will the performance be live or pre-recorded?
A: We're not sure yet. It will depend on how complex the online "staging" demands are and how versatile the platform we use is to capture the production's needs.
Q: When will the production take place?
A: Dates are not yet set, but towards the end of the semester, possibly just before the Thanksgiving Break.
Q: How many performances will there be?
A: We're not sure yet. It will depend on the demands of the production and the platform and method we end up using.
Q: How many credits will I get for being in the production?
A: 4 English credits.
Q: Will the time commitment be similar to a "regular" Todd show?
A: I'm guessing that it will be close to the same...though again, we will see. This is uncharted territory for all of us.
More questions? Email Nigel
Spring 2021 Audition Schedule
Productions To Be Announced
Audition dates: Friday, January 15 at 7 p.m. and Saturday, January 16 at 2 p.m.
Audition location: TBA
Audition requirements: TBA