Why Study Abroad?
Open your eyes to the world
Invest in your future by developing cross-cultural skills that will enable you to communicate with colleagues anywhere in the world.
Enhance your career
Learn how to function in a culturally diverse environment early on. Develop broader skills and the ability to adapt to new environments.
See your culture and yourself from a different perspective. Learn to appreciate other languages and cultures, while better understanding your own cultural values.
Did you know?
You do not need to speak another language to study abroad. Many programs offer courses in English.
The following programs are especially suited for students looking to take history courses while abroad:
- University of Western Australia (Australia)
- Australian National University (Australia)
- Advanced Studies in England (United Kingdom)
- University of York (United Kingdom)
- University of Bristol (United Kingdom)
- IES London (United Kingdom)
- Poland Jagiellonian University (Poland)
For more information about studying abroad, visit the education abroad website.
For major or departmental credit:
Professor Thomas Fleischman
Office: Rush Rhees 460
For elective credit, consult with a study abroad advisor.