Math advising for Summer 2024:

Amanda Tucker: IMPORTANT -- walk-in advising hours will be MONDAY 6/17 10:30-11:30am instead of Wednesday 6/19.

Otherwise they are Wednesdays 10:30am - 11:30am Rochester time (EDT) on zoom (Meeting ID: 612 557 578).

These will run 5/8/2024 - 8/7/2024.


Mark Herman: will resume in Fall 2024

Kalyani Madhu: will resume in Fall 2024

Mary Cook: will resume in Fall 2024

Transfer Credit

Please see our transfer credit page:


If you would like to arrange to take an exam for credit-by-exam, email Credit by exam is ONLY offered if you have taken a course in the subject, but you are not eligible for transfer credit. Credit-by-exam is never offered for self-study.

Email with advising questions.

Undergraduate Committee

Undergraduate Committee Contact Information
NameRoom (in Hylan)PhoneEmail
Mark Herman1008(585)
Sema Salur1005(585)
Saul Lubkin705(585)
Kalyani Madhu815(585)
Carl Mueller802(585)
Amanda Tucker818(585)

Declaring a major or minor

You can submit a major or minor declaration using the online form. If you have met with a faculty advisor already, please write their name in as your faculty advisor, and email them when you submit your declaration. Otherwise, we will reject your submission and request to meet. You can resubmit easily after you have met with an advisor. All faculty members can serve as major/minor advisors. If you would like to be a math major, ask your favorite professor to be your advisor.