Information for Recruiters
The department is always happy to host recruiters. Each year, we graduate roughly 15 PhD students with strong coursework and research experience in a variety of specialties. There are also dozens of postdoctoral fellows seeking employment.
To arrange a recruiting visit, contact the graduate studies coordinator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (585) 275-0635.
The department posts promotional materials. Please mail the materials to: Department of Chemistry, RC Box 270216, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14627.
You may post an employment opportunity at the Career Center website.
Information for Students
Your advisor and other faculty typically have contacts in industry, academia, and other positions. We encourage you to talk with your PhD committee members for guidance.
Additional career resources:
- The department maintains a list of alumni, who have gone on to a range of professions. Contact Lynda McGarry, (585) 275-2915 for details.
- The department posts job opportunities on bulletin boards in Hutchison Hall outside of room 451 and across from B45.
- Attend a Rochester Section ACS Networking Mixer.
- Advertisements for positions are posted nationally in Chemical and Engineering News, Science, and other scientific publications.
- The University has a Career Counseling Center that maintains an active database of job opportunities for students at all levels. However, it focuses primarily on positions for bachelor's and master's students.