We will continue to update this page with summer research opportunities, internships, and other programs that may be of interest to EES students. Inclusion here does not indicate any particular endorsement of these programs by the department.
Before exploring opportunities you may want to read American Geosciences Institute's Recent Geoscience Graduate Employment during the Pandemic, August 2020 article.
Summer Research Opportunities
- AGI/Paleontological Society Geoscience Policy Internship: Work as an intern with the American Geosciences Institute.
- Arctic REU Greenland: An NSF Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) site led by Concord University (West Virginia) and Montana State University.
- Clean energy internship: Summer opportunity for students who are Massachusetts residents to intern at a clean energy company.
- Ecology research program: Summer research program in Ecology at Harvard Forest.
- Gulf of Maine and the World Ocean Research Experience: Research experience at the Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences.
- Harvard Forest Virtual Summer Research Program in Ecology: An 11-week research experience coordinated through Harvard’s world-class ecological research hub in Petersham, Massachusetts.
- Inclusive NOAA Fisheries Internship Program (IN FISH): A 10-week paid undergraduate internship for U.S. citizens in an NOAA or partner institution doing marine or environmental research or doing policy work related to resource management.
- Marine Science Camp: An internship in marine conservation.
- MIT Summer Research Program (MSRP): MSRP is an intensive 9-week research program designed to fully immerse students in the MIT experience.
- NRC Research Associateship Programs: The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine administers postdoctoral and senior research awards at participating federal laboratories and affiliated institutions at locations throughout the U.S. and abroad. They are seeking highly qualified candidates who hold, or anticipate earning, a doctorate in a variety of fields of science or engineering. Degrees from foreign universities should be equivalent in training and research experience to a doctoral degree from a U.S. institution. Citizenship eligibility varies among the sponsoring laboratories.
- NSF CMAP Undergrad Residential Summer Physics Workshop Program: a one-week, residential, summer physics workshop program for undergraduates interested in the science of extreme pressure and high-energy-density physics.
- Undergrad research on Chesapeake Bay (REU): Maryland Sea Grant Summer REU program.
- Summer research internship: Research opportunity at the Joint Institute for Study of the Atmosphere and Ocean, University of Washington.
- Summer REU Program in Marine Science: An NSF-Funded Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) program at the University of Delaware.
- SUNY Cortland Summer Field Geology Program: Field geology courses at the Brauer Field Station.
Full-Time Employment Opportunities
Clean Energy Jobs
Dayaway Careers curates entry-level, clean energy career opportunities for graduating/interning college students and recent graduates, and organizes them by degree, major, and industry.