Why Study Abroad?
Open your eyes to the world
Science and technology have no borders! Invest in your future by developing cross-cultural skills that will enable you to communicate with scientists anywhere in the world.
Enhance your career
Learn how to function in a culturally diverse environment early on. Develop broader skills and the ability to adapt to new environments.
See your culture and yourself from a different perspective. Learn to appreciate other languages and global perspectives, while better understanding your own values.
Did you know?
You do not need to speak another language to study abroad. Many programs offer courses in English.
The Department of Earth and Environmental Science coordinates several field experience programs both within the US and abroad. See the field experience page for more information.
The following programs are especially suited for students looking to take earth and environmental sciences courses while abroad:
- CIEE Environmental, Cultural and Economic Sustainability Program in Beijing (China)
- DIS Copenhagen – Environmental Science of the Arctic (Denmark)
- IES Abroad Freiburg – Environmental Studies and Sustainability (Germany)
- IES Abroad Galapagos Islands Direct Enrollment – GAIAS (Ecuador)
For more information about studying abroad, visit the Education Abroad site.
For major or department credit, please contact:
Professor Dustin Trail | email@example.com | (585) 267-7182
Environmental Science and Environmental Studies
Professor Karen Berger | firstname.lastname@example.org | (585) 275-7611
For elective credit, consult with a study abroad advisor. For transfer credit evaluations, please use our online form.
What Are My First Steps?
- Attend an information session.
- Research available programs.
- Meet with a study abroad advisor.