The Humanities Center, the Office of Undergraduate Research, and the School of Arts and Sciences invite applications from current first-year students to the Meliora Scholars program. The selective program offers:
- Funds for students to conduct independent research in the Humanities and Humanistic Social Sciences (History and Anthropology). Educational experiences relevant to humanistic inquiry, such as language acquisition, internships, or Study Abroad programs, may also qualify for funding.
- Individual and small-group mentoring by faculty members
- Activities that explore the nature and rewards of humanistic research, such as discussions, field trips, and special opportunities to connect with both UR faculty and visiting scholars
- A humanities-based peer group
- Recognition of participation in the program on the students’ resumes or transcripts.
The Meliora Scholars Program is open to upcoming first and second-year students in any major who are interested in the humanities and humanistic social sciences.
Faculty members are urged to bring this opportunity to the attention of potential applicants.
How to Apply
Applications will open for the next cycle during the spring 2024 semester, and will be due May 1, 2024. A link to the application will be posted as soon as it becomes available.