This award is made to the University of Rochester PhD candidate having completed (or nearly completed*) the most distinguished dissertation in gender, sexuality, and/or women's studies. The dissertation award amount is $1,000 and was awarded for the first time in spring 2005.
Nominations and/or applications for the award should be sent to the Susan B. Anthony Institute for Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1st.
*Candidates who have written around two-thirds or more of their dissertation, and who will be completing it during the same calendar year are also eligible for the award. If you're not sure if a dissertation is far enough along for consideration, please contact email@example.com to discuss eligibility with the Curriculum Committee.
Graduate students must submit the following documents:
- A completed Dissertation Award Application Form
- The candidate's most recent curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation (in the case of a nearly completed dissertation, the PhD candidate's advisor must note that your dissertation will be completed by the end of the calendar year during which the award would be given)
- A three-page abstract and complete table of contents of the dissertation
- Available chapters of the dissertation
View a list of previous recipients here.