I am a Tenure-track Assistant Professor in the Department of Mathematics at University of Rochester. Prior to coming to Rochester, I served as a Tamarkin Assistant Professor at Brown University. I received my PhD in Mathematics from University of Maryland – College Park in 2012.
Courses Offered (subject to change)
- MTH 164: Multidimensional Calculus
- MTH 265H: Functions of a Real Variable (Honors)
Research Papers and Preprints
- (with Justin Holmer) The Rigorous Derivation of the 2D Cubic Focusing NLS from Quantum Many-body Evolution, accepted with minor revision to International Mathematics Research Notices, arXiv:1508.07675.
- (with Walter Strauss) Convergence to Equilibrium of a Body Moving in a Kinetic Sea, SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis 47 (2015), no. 6, 4630-4651. DOI: 10.1137/15M1035549. (arXiv:1508.03842)
- (with Yan Guo) On the Weak Coupling Limit of Quantum Many-body Dynamics and the Quantum Boltzmann Equation, Kinetics and Related Model 8 (2015), no. 3, 443-465. DOI: 10.3934/krm.2015.8.443. (arXiv:1412.1775)
- (with Justin Holmer) Correlation structures, Many-body Scattering Processes and the Derivation of the Gross-Pitaevskii Hierarchy, International Mathematics Research Notices (2015), 60pp. DOI: 10.1093/imrn/rnv228. (arXiv:1409.1425).
- (with Justin Holmer) Focusing Quantum Many-body Dynamics II: The Rigorous Derivation of the 1D Focusing Cubic Nonlinear Schrödinger Equation from 3D, submitted, arXiv:1407.8457.
- (with Paul Smith) On the Unconditional Uniqueness of Solutions to the Infinite Radial Chern-Simons-Schrödinger Hierarchy, Analysis & PDE 7 (2014), no. 7, 1683-1712. DOI: 10.2140/apde.2014.7.1683. (arXiv:1406.2649).
- (with Walter Strauss) Velocity Reversal Criterion of a Body Immersed in a Sea of Particles, Communications in Mathematical Physics 338 (2015), no. 1, 139-168. DOI: 10.1007/s00220-015-2368-y. (arXiv:1404.0652).
- (with Justin Holmer) Focusing Quantum Many-body Dynamics: The Rigorous Derivation of the 1D Focusing Cubic Nonlinear Schrödinger Equation, submitted, arXiv:1308.3895.
- (with Walter Strauss) Approach to Equilibrium of a Body Colliding Specularly and Diffusely with a Sea of Particles, Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis 211 (2014), no. 3, 879-910. DOI: 10.1007/s00205-013-0675-z. (arXiv:1305.5219)
- (with Justin Holmer) On the Klainerman-Machedon Conjecture of the Quantum BBGKY Hierarchy with Self-interaction, to appear inJournal of the European Mathematical Society. (arXiv:1303.5385).
- NSF DMS-1464869 2015 - 2018
- AMS-Simons Travel Grant 2013 - 2015