Work-in-Progress Seminar Series
The Center began hosting a regular, bi-weekly lunchtime seminar series in January 2016. This series includes presentations by the Center’s inaugural fellows.
The Spring 2017 seminars are as follows:
- 1/25/17 Paul Duro - "Painting at the Margins: Art and Decoration in Eighteenth Century France"
- 2/7/17 Margarita Guillory - "After the Storm: The Response of African American Spiritual Churches to Shifting Landscapes in Post-Katrina New Orleans"
- 2/22/17 Dahpon Ho, Title TBD
- 3/9/17 Elana Shever - "The Pterasaur’s Pinky: Trans-Species Dis/Connection in the US Today"
- 3/29/17 Brian Jacobson, Title TBD
- 4/13/17 Donatella Stocchi-Perucchio, Title TBD
- 4/26/17 Llerena Searle, Title TBD
Fall 2016 seminars included:
- 9/15/16 Peter Christensen - "Ambiguities of Empire: Architecture and the German Construction of the Ottoman Railway Network"
- 9/28/16 Laura Smoller - "The Dominicans and the Demonic: The Functions of Demons in the Canonization and Cult of Vincent Ferrer"
- 10/13/16 Brian Jacobson - "From Oblivion to Infinity: Nuclear Vision and Visual Form in Early Atomic France"
- 10/26/16 Rachel Haidu - "The Shame of the Self"
- 11/10/16 Supritha Rajan - "Disciplinary Temperaments"
- 11/30/16 Elana Shever - "Fossils and Authenticity in the Age of Jurassic Park"
- 12/14/16 William Schaefer - "Photograph Ecologies: Nature, Culture, and Contemporary Photography in China, Japan, and the West"
For more information on the Work-in-Progress Seminar Series, see listings under Events.