Skip to main content
Fall 2017-Spring 2018
- Joel Burges (English) "Literature after TV: Watching, Writing, and the Contemporary Novel"
- Evelyne Leblanc-Roberge (Art & Art History) “Les attentes––The Waiting”
- Alison Peterman (Philosophy) " Mary Shepherd and memory"
- Steven Rozenski (English) “From Creation to 1518: Writing Universal History and Remembering the Passion in the Carthusian Monastery of Hull, Yorkshire, during the Reign of Henry VIII”
- Dan Blim (Music, Denison University) “Unsafe and Sound: Sonic Trauma and the Cultural Memory of 9/11”
- Benjamin Nienass (Political Science, Montclair State University) “Transnational Memories, National Memory Regimes - Commemorating the Armenian Genocide in Germany.”
Fall 2016-Spring 2017
- Peter Christensen (Art & Art History) "Ambiguities of Empire: Architecture and the German Construction of the Ottoman Railway Network"
- Margarita Simon Guillory (Religion & Classics) "After the Storm: The Response of African American Spiritual Churches to Shifting Landscapes in Post-Katrina New Orleans"
- Dahpon Ho (History) "Scorched Earth and Manufactured Wilderness: The Forced Depopulation of Coastal Fujian (1661-1683) as Social and Ecological Crisis"
- Llerena Searle (Anthropology) "Commodity formations in the plural: Exposure, prestige, and the new Indian kitchen”
- Brian Jacobson (Cinema Studies/History, University of Toronto) "From Oblivion to Infinity: Nuclear Vision and Visual Form in Early Atomic France"
- Elana Shever (Anthropology, Colgate University) "Fossils and Authenticity in the Age of Jurassic Park"
- Kristin Doughty (Anthropology) "Threats to Power: Cultural Politics of Energy and Unity in Post-Genocide Rwanda"
- Pablo Sierra (History) "Mapping Mexican Slavery: Puebla and the Transatlantic Slave Trade, 1597-1639"
- Edward Klorman (Music Theory and Viola, Queens College, CUNY) "Multiple Agency in Western Music and Musical Thought, c. 1782-1944"
- Adam Morris (Postdoc, Spanish and Portuguese, Stanford University) "American Messiahs"
- Genevieve Yue (New Media Studies, Department of Culture and Media, Eugene Lang College, The New School) "China Girls in Experimental Film"