My research examines the consequences and underlying processes of social group disparities (e.g., income inequality), as well as the consequences and antecedents of intergroup competition.
LAB WEBSITE: http://socialstresslab.wixsite.com/urochester
- Gordils, J., Sommet, N., Elliot, A.J., Jamieson, J.P. (2020). Racial income inequality, perceptions of competition, and negative interracial outcomes. Social Psychological and Personality Science.
- Gordils, J. & Jamieson, J.P. (in press). Fast Foes: The affective consequences of interacting in a negative self-disclosure situation. Anxiety, Stress, & Coping.
- Mentored student:
- *Toprakkiran, A.S., Gordils, J., & Jamieson, J.P. (2020, April). Predictors of Prejudice Between Domestic and International Students at the University of Rochester. Poster presented at the Unviversity of Rochester Undergraduate Research Exposition. Rochester, NY.
- *Alexander, J., Gordils, J., & Jamieson, J.P. (2019, April). The Negative Effects of Interpersonal Conflict in an Immersive Social Context. Poster presented at the University of Rochester Undergraduate Research Exposition. Rochester, NY.
- *Martin, K., Gordils, J., Elliot, A.J. & Jamieson, J.P. (2018, July). Experimental Racial Income Inequality. Talk presented at the University of Rochester Kearns Research Symposium. Rochester, NY.
- *Cohavi, T.R, Gordils, J., & Jamieson, J.P. (2018, April). The Effects of Negative Expectancy Violations During Social Interactions. Poster presented at the Annual National Conference of Undergraduate Research (NCUR), Oklahoma City.
- *Speck, B., *Martinez, D., Gordils, J., & Jamieson, J.P. (2018, April). Perceptions of Lifetime Adversity and Unrealistic Optimism. Poster presented at the University of Rochester's Ninth Annual Diversity Conference. Rochester, NY.
- *Gordils, J. & Jamieson, J.P. (2019, February). Fast Foes:The Effects of a Negative Self-Disclosure Situation on Affective and Physiological Responses. Poster presented at Annual meeting for the Society of Personality & Social Psychology (SPSP), Portland.
- Meliora Membership Fellowship Recipient - University of Rochester, 2020
- Summer Institute for Social and Personality Psychology (SPSP) Attendee - 2019
- Kearns Diversity Travel Award - University of Rochester, 2019
- SPSP Diversity Fund Graduate Travel Award - 2018
- Ford Foundation Predoctoral Fellowship - Honorable Mention, 2017
- Provost Fellowship Recipient - University of Rochester, 2015 to 2020 (Expected)
- Louis Stokes Alliances for Minority Participation (LSAMP) Top Student Award - 2013
- New England Scholar - University of Connecticut, 2011 and 2012
- Leadership Scholarship Recipient - University of Connecticut, 2009 to 2013
University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 2015 -
Pursuing Ph.D., Social Psychology
University of Connecticut - Storrs, CT 2009 - 2013
B.S., Psychology & Cognitive Science