Admissions to our program are highly competitive. We typically admit two students per year.
Evaluation of applications are based on:
- Degree of fit between student and faculty interests
- Extent and nature of previous research and academic experiences
- Personal statements
- Letters of recommendation
- Writing sample
- GPA and GRE scores (GRE scores are not required for the Fall 2023 admissions cycle)
We consider each application as a whole. Close correspondence between student and faculty research interests is one of the most important criteria for admission. We do not adhere to specific cut-offs in GPA or GRE scores.
Applications for the developmental psychology program are due December 1. Following review of the applications, a small number of applicants are invited for an interview in February. Interviews for Fall 2023 admission will be conducted online via Zoom. Decisions about admission are made after the interviews.
Faculty Accepting Applications
The following faculty are interested in mentoring new graduate students for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- Dr. Patrick Davies
- Dr. Isobel Heck (incoming faculty member)