How to Declare a Major in Music

If you are considering a major in music, contact Sara Rembert in 1-316 Dewey Hall ( Sara will assign you to an advisor and help you set up a meeting.

Once you're ready to declare your major, you should prepare a tentative plan of the courses that you have completed and those that you intend to take for the major.  You will need to complete and submit the online major declaration form available under Registrar Forms on the forms and other requests page.  (Be sure to read the form instructions). 

Advanced Placement (AP)

Students who have taken the Advanced Placement (AP) exam in music theory and earned a score of 4 or 5 should enroll in MUSC 111: Theory I in the fall of their first year.