2010 Graduate Research Conference
Thursday, February 25th
5:00 pm Opening Reception
6:00 pm Opening Remarks
- Wendi B. Heinzelman, Dean of Graduate Studies
- Honey Meconi , Director Susan B. Anthony Institute for Women's Studies
6:15 pm “Single?” Keynote Address by Dr. Michael Cobb, University of Toronto
Friday, February 26th
9:00 am Coffee & Bagel Breakfast
9:30 am Panel I: “Performance Anxieties”
- Moderator:David Bleich, Professor of English, University of Rochester
- Becky Burditt, (University of Rochester/Visual & Cultural Studies) untitled abstract on Niagara and the Commodification of femininity
- Joy Huang, (Louisiana State University/Theater) "The Disruption of Male Sexual Discourse in Paula Vogel’s Hot ‘n’ Throbbing"
11:00 am Panel II: “Perpetuations of Gender Boundaries”
- Moderator: Sarah Higley, Professor of English, University of Rochester
- Amanda Cannata, (Stanford University/Music) "A Perpetuation of Gender Binarism: The Reception of Ingeborg von Bronsart's Jery und Bätely in the German Press."
- Amy Shema, (University of Rochester/Warner School of Education) "Schools as Social Institutions Perpetuating the Status Quo."
- Kristi Castleberry, (University of Rochester, English) "Woman in the Wilderness: Locating Genre and Gender in the Digby Mary Magdalene .
12:30 pm Lunch
1:30 pm Panel III: “Gendered Bodies/Spaces”
- Moderator: Dr Greta Niu, Associate Professor of English, University of Rochester
- Amanda Graham, (University of Rochester/Visual & Cultural Studies) "Re-Covering The Hiroshima Maidens."
- Tanya Sermer, (University of Rochester/Musicology) "Women's Voices, Gendered Performance, and Public Protest in the Struggle for Jewish Religious Pluralism in Israel and Control of Jerusalem.
3:00 pm Closing Remarks
- Honey Meconi, Director Susan B. Anthony Institute for Women's Studies