For their capstone experience students plan, design, construct, and deliver a digital media object of significant scope.
Working as a team, they deploy their collective knowledge, skills, and expertise in the domain of media history, theory, aesthetics, and technology to review customer proposals and/or devise a project of their own design.
Example Capstone Projects
- Aster - Creating an anti-war video game
- Digital Room - Designing an immersive Digital Media experience
- Eat & Save-ry - Developing an app linking students with local restaurants to minimize food waste
- Oeuvre - Developing an augmented reality app for the Memorial Art Gallery
- Thinc. - Creating a front page campus news aggregator
- BranchOut - Developed a social networking app to pair University of Rochester students with one another based on social psychology research
- GMRCRD - Designed a service to bridge the gap between pro and amateur gamers
- Lilac - Created a website designed to connect students to events in the Rochester-area
- Safe Ride Digital - Created an app to help improve the efficiency of the Safe Ride program on campus