13th Annual inspireDANCE Festival
Celebrating its 13th year, the inspireDANCE Festival grew out of a simple idea to find a way to connect student dancers with each other, with the Program of Dance and Movement and with the larger dance community in the Rochester area.
Wednesday, March 15Sunday, April 2, 2023
With well over 1000 students involved in dance and movement groups and classes on the University of Rochester campus today, along with several other excellent local university dance programs and a cohesive community of professional dancers in the Rochester area, inspireDANCE has grown into an opportunity to unify, develop and strengthen the dance community at large. The festival is designed to encourage you to try out as many new dance and movement forms as you desire, and to experience dance as art, expression, performance, community building, and the celebration of diverse cultures.
All events free to UR students, most events free to the general public except where noted. Registration is required after ticket purchase.
- Saturday, March 18—Celebrate Nowruz: Persian New Year
- Sunday, March 19—The Weight of Water
- Thursday, March 23—inspireDANCE Student Showcase
- Friday, March 24—inspireJAM 2v2 All-Styles Hip Hop Battle
- March 29-31—RESPONSE
- March 30-April 2—Florencia en el Amazonas
- March 31-April 2—Spring Explorations and Experimental Dances (S.E.E.D.)