Poster Submission Information
Quick Link: Poster Submission Form
Notice : We will not be printing posters from 12/25 - 1/2
NOTE: Rates change as of July 1, 2018
Poster printing is now a cost center! (Ask your admin about how this might impact you.)
Plain paper posters will rise to $8/linear foot and glossy posters will drop to $11/linear foot.
The BCC offers the service of large format poster printing for the Physics department and U of R in general. There are specific requirements that need to be followed for a smooth poster printing experience.
- All posters must have one dimension that is less than or equal to 36". The other dimension can be of any length.
- When creating your posters you will need to change the document page size to the physical dimension it will be printed to.
- For example, most documents are 8.5" x 11". Instead, you'll want to change the page size to be 36" x 48" (a common poster size).
- If you do not change the document size, pleasing scaling effects cannot be guaranteed when printed.
- All graphics used in a poster need to be of a scalable vector type (EPS, PDF) or a high-resolution bitmap (TIFF, JPEG, etc) or else there is a risk of blurry or pixelated output.
- Accepted file formats for a poster are Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt or .pptx format) or Adobe PDF.
Price is based entirely on length and paper type.
- Plain Paper: $8.00/Linear Foot
- Glossy Paper: $11.00/Linear Foot
- All Glossy prints come with a free draft copy on plain paper when submitted 24 hours in advance.
- An order of 3 posters, or less, will need to be submitted to us at least 24 business hours before you need it (EXCLUDING WEEKENDS).
- Any large orders of 4 or more posters will need to be ordered with us ONE WEEK in advance.
- We will not provide any rush service.
- We only do printing from 8:00AM to 5:00PM Monday through Friday. Any posters brought after that time will not be available for pick-up until the following day.
- No poster may be picked up until payment is remitted.
- We are located in Bausch and Lomb Hall room 470 on the River campus.
For billing and ledger questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Members of the Physics department: please have your PI email an account number for charging.
- If you are not a member of the Physics department, you must bring a signed blue 312 requisition form filled out with an account number (FAO).
- If you want posters printed for personal use, you may:
- Pay with cash
- Pay with check payable to the “University of Rochester”.