Poster Submission Information
Quick Link: Poster Submission Form
Poster printing is now a cost center! (Ask your admin about how this might impact you.)
Plain paper posters are $8/linear foot and glossy posters are $11/linear foot in the longest dimension.
All payments need to be made on pick up in Bausch and Lomb Hall room 470. We DO NOT accept credit cards. Payment may be made with cash, check, or 312 requisition.
The BCC offers the service of large format poster printing for the Physics department and U of R in general. There are specific requirements that need to be followed for a smooth poster printing experience.
- All posters must have one dimension that is less than or equal to 36". The other dimension can be of any length.
- When creating your posters you will need to change the document page size to the physical dimension it will be printed to.
- For example, most documents are 8.5" x 11". Instead, you'll want to change the page size to be 36" x 48" (a common poster size).
- If you do not change the document size, pleasing scaling effects cannot be guaranteed when printed.
- All graphics used in a poster need to be of a scalable vector type (EPS, PDF) or a high-resolution bitmap (TIFF, JPEG, etc) or else there is a risk of blurry or pixelated output.
- Accepted file formats for a poster are Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt or .pptx format) or Adobe PDF.
Price is based entirely on length and paper type.
- Plain Paper: $8.00/Linear Foot
- Glossy Paper: $11.00/Linear Foot
- All Glossy prints come with a free draft copy on plain paper when submitted 24 hours in advance.
- An order of 3 posters, or less, will need to be submitted to us at least 24 business hours before you need it (EXCLUDING WEEKENDS).
- Any large orders of 4 or more posters will need to be ordered with us ONE WEEK in advance.
- We will not provide any rush service.
- We only do printing from 8:00AM to 5:00PM Monday through Friday. Any posters brought after that time will not be available for pick-up until the following day.
- No poster may be picked up until payment is remitted.
- We are located in Bausch and Lomb Hall room 470 on the River campus.
For billing and ledger questions, please email email@example.com
- Members of the Physics department: please have your PI email an account number for charging.
- If you are not a member of the Physics department, you must bring a signed blue 312 requisition form filled out with an account number (FAO).
- If you want posters printed for personal use, you may:
- Pay with cash
- Pay with check payable to the “University of Rochester”.