To apply to the program students must have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field
- Completed the online application
- Official transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement describing:
- Career and educational goals
- Prior experience with literary studies, creative writing, translation, and languages other than English
- Proficiency in a second foreign language and literary tradition
- Translation sample (approximately 20 pages of fiction or drama, 200 lines of poetry) and copies of corresponding pages from source text*
*Upload your translation sample to the documents portion of the online application.
Students must apply online by February 1. There is a $60 application fee.