My research interests broadly focus on cognition, communication, and social interactions within the context of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). I am particularly interested in research that focuses on children with ASD and differences in culturally and linguistically diverse individuals within this population.
- Richardson, A. (2016) Adversity and Advancement of the Deaf Community. Student speaker at the 1st Annual University of Maryland Disability Summit in College Park, MD.
- Richardson, A. (2014) Effects of Potato Leafhoppers on Fava in Elevated CO! Poster presented at teh 30th Annual Eleanor Roosevelt High School Research Practium Symposium in Greenbelt, MD.
- Richardson, A. & Meade, O. (2014) PLH Injury on Fava in Elevated CO! Poster board presented at the 2014 Prince George's Area Science Fair in Springdale, MD.
Relevant Work Experience
- Fall 2021: Teaching Assistant for Introduction to Psychology (University of Rochester)
- Fall 2019: Teaching Assistant for Social Psychology (University of Maryland-College Park)
- Fall 2018: Teaching Assistant for Basic Helping Skills (University of Maryland - College Park)
- Fall 2016, Fall 2017: Section Leader for Honors Colloquium (University of Maryland - College Park)
- Spring 2017: Teaching Assistant for From Stigma and Sideshow to Mainstream and Mainstreet (University of Maryland-College Park)
- 2018: Richard V. Durand Scholar Award
- 2017, 2018: Edward R. Roberts Outstanding Fellowship Award
- 2017, 2018: Chapter Service Key Award
- 2017: University of Maryland-College Park Honors Citation
- 2014: Banneker/Key Full Scholarship Recipient
- National Vice President of Development of Phi Sigma Pi National Gender-Inclusive Honor Fraternity
- Member of Phi Sigma Pi - Leadership Advancement Society
- Member of Psi Chi International Society
- 2020-2021: University of California-Davis, Study Coordinator
- 2018-2019: The Ivymount School, Applied Behavior Analysis Instructor
- 2014-2018: University of Maryland-College Park, BS in Neurobiology/Physiology and BS in Psychology