Entry Year: 2022-2023
Faculty Mentor(s): David Dodell-Feder
497 Meliora Hall
Fax: (585) 273-1100
Broadly, my research interests revolve around psychotic spectrum disorders, social cognition, and diffusion tensor imaging. I'm particularly interested in the onset and progression of social functioning deficits across the psychosis spectrum, and the underlying neural circuitry involved.
- Zhou, W., Kruse, E., Brower, R., North, R., Joiner, W. (2022). Motion state-dependent motor learning based on explicit visual feedback is quickly recalled but is less stable than adaptation to physical perturbations. Journal of Neurophysiology.
- Kruse, E., Lesh, T., Board, S., Carter, C., Joiner, W. Exploring the neural correlates of sense of agency deficits in psychosis: a DTI study. Society for Biological Psychiatry. April 28, 2022.
- Board, S., Kruse, E., Lesh, T., Zhou, W., Carter, C., Joiner, W. An fMRI study exploring the neural correlates of trans saccadic deficits in psychotic disorders. Society for Biological Psychiatry April 28, 2022.
- Kruse, E., Board, S., Lesh, T., Wang, H., Brower, R., Carter, C., Joiner, W. Trans saccadic-associated deficits in individuals with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Society for Biological Psychiatry. April 30, 2021.
- Monsen, E., Zhou, W., Kruse, E., Brower, R., Joiner, W. Temporal stability of implicit and explicit learning with dynamic perturbations. Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students. November 10, 2021.
- Kruse, E., Rana, K., Ungerleider, L. Configural face differences are perceivable extrafoveally. Vision Sciences Society. St. Pete Beach, FL. June 19, 2020.
- Rana, K., Del Giacco, A., Kruse, E., Zachariou, V., Ungerleider, L. Time-resolved functional networks involved in discriminating faces with configural differences. Vision Sciences Society. St. Pete Beach, FL. June 19, 2020.
- Kruse, E., Rana, K, Del Giacco, A., Zachariou, V., Ungerleider, L. Deciphering temporal and spatial dynamics in response to face and chair configuration using MEG. NIH Postbac Poster Day. Bethesda,MD. April 28, 2020.
- Kruse, E., Hardee, J., Cope, L. Grey matter markers predicting future substance use in adolescents. Psychology Research Forum. Ann Arbor, MI. April 19, 2019.
- 2022-2024: Robert L. and Mary L. Sproull Fellowship, University of Rochester
- 2019-2020: NIH Intramural Research Training Award Fellowship
- 2015-2019: University of Michigan Honors Program
- 2018: James B. Angell Scholar, University of Michigan
- 2017-2018: STAR Scholar, University of Michigan
- 2017-2018: Psi Chi Chapter President, International Honor Society in Psychology
2020-2022: Clinical Research Coordinator, Translational Cognitive Affective Neuroscience Lab & Sensorimotor Integration Lab, University of California, Davis (PIs: Wilsaan Joiner, Ph.D., Tyler Lesh, Ph.D. & Cameron Carter,M.D.)
2019: Bachelor of Science in Biopsychology, Cognition, and Neuroscience, Magna Cum Laude, University of Michigan