Broadly, I am interested in the impact and development of stereotypes and prejudice in children, the sources of information that influence this development, children’s reasoning, perceptions, and actions surrounding social issues and inequality, and intervention work aimed at overcoming biased attitudes in children.
- Kneeskern, E., & Elenbaas, L. (2023). Someone who knows and someone I trust: Investigating how and with whom U.S. 8- to 14-year-old youth seek to learn about racial inequality. Developmental Psychology.
- Elenbaas, L., Kneeskern, E., & Ackerman, A. (2022). Social inequalities and morality. In M. Killen & J. G. Smetana (Eds.), Handbook of moral development (3rd ed.). Psychology Press. doi: 10.4324/9781003047247-9
- Elenbaas, L., Luken Raz, K., Ackerman, A., & Kneeskern, E. (2022). “This kid looks like he has everything”: 3- to 11-year-old children’s concerns for fairness and social preferences when peers differ in social class and race. Child Development. doi: 10.1111/cdev.13778
- Duncan, A., Risley, S., Combs, A., Lacey, H. M., Hamik, E., Fershtman, C., Kneeskern, E., Patel, M., Crosby, L., Hood, A., Zoromski, A., & Tamm, L. (2022). School challenges and services related to executive functioning for fully included middle schoolers with autism. Focus on Autism and Other Developmental Disabilities. doi: 10.1177/10883576221110167
- Tamm, L., Zoromski, A.K., Kneeskern, E.E., Patel, M.D., Lacey, H.M., Vaughn, A.J., Ciesielski, H.A., Weadick, H.K., & Duncan, A.W. (2020). Achieving independence and mastery in school: An open trial in the outpatient setting. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 1-14. doi:10.1007/s10803-020-04652
- Kneeskern, E.E., & Reeder, P.A. (2020). Examining the impact of fiction literature on children’s gender stereotypes. Current Psychology, 1-14. doi:10.1007/s12144-020-00686-4
- Becker, S.P., Kneeskern, E.E., & Tamm, L. (2019). Social anxiety is associated with poorer peer functioning for girls but not boys with ADHD. Psychiatry Research, 281, 112524. doi:10.1016/j.psychres.2019.112524