Broadly, I am interested in the impact and development of stereotypes and prejudice in children, the sources of information that influence this development, children’s reasoning, perceptions, and actions surrounding social issues and inequality, and intervention work aimed at overcoming biased attitudes in children.
- Kneeskern, E.E., & Reeder, P.A. (2020). Examining the impact of fiction literature on children’s gender stereotypes. Current Psychology, 1-14. doi:10.1007/s12144-020-00686-4
- Tamm, L., Zoromski, A.K., Kneeskern, E.E., Patel, M.D., Lacey, H.M., Vaughn, A.J., Ciesielski, H.A., Weadick, H.K., Duncan, A.W. (2020). Achieving independence and mastery in school: An open trial in the outpatient setting. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 1-14. doi:10.1007/s10803-020-04652
- Becker, S.P., Kneeskern, E.E., & Tamm, L. (2019). Social anxiety is associated with poorer peer functioning for girls but not boys with ADHD. Psychiatry Research, 281, 112524. doi:10.1016/j.psychres.2019.112524
- Duncan, A.W., Tamm, L., Kneeskern, E.E., Patel, M.D., & Vaughn, A. (2020, May). Feasibility and initial efficacy of the Achieving Academic Independence in Middle School–Outpatient intervention for middle school youth with ASD. In B.E. Yerys (chair), Back to school: Identification and treatment of executive function challenges in the school setting for autistic children. Symposium presented at the annual International Society for Autism Research (INSAR) meeting, Seattle, WA
- Kneeskern, E.E., Tamm, L., & Becker, S.P. (2019, November). Examining sex differences in the relation between social anxiety and peer functioning in children with ADHD. Poster presented at the Annual Convention of the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (ABCT), Atlanta, GA.
- Kneeskern, E.E., Reeder, P.A. (2019, March). Examining the impact of fiction literature on children’s gender stereotypes. Poster presented at the Biannual Meeting of the Society for Research in Child Development (SRCD), Baltimore, MD.
- Kneeskern, E.E. (2018, April). Examining the impact of fiction literature on children’s gender stereotypes. Poster presented at the Minnesota Undergraduate Psychology Conference at Carleton College, Northfield, MN
- Kneeskern, E.E., Bernard, A., Chambers, K.E., & Onishi, K.H. (2017, June). Enhancing sound sequence learning: Does being monolingual vs. bilingual matter? Poster presented at the Annual Meeting of the Canadian Society for Brain, Behavior, and Cognitive Sciences (CSBBCS), Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Kneeskern, E.E., Bernard, A., Chambers, K.E., & Onishi, K.H. (2017, April). The learning of novel phonotactics by monolingual native English speaking adults. Poster presented at the Minnesota Undergraduate Psychology Conference at St. Olaf College, Northfield, MN