I am interested in maternal mental health during the perinatal period, particularly the impacts of prenatal depression and anxiety on child development. Additionally, I am interested in studying the influence of interpersonal relationships during pregnancy on birth outcomes.
- Duberstein ZT, Brunner J, Panish LS, Bandyopadhyay S, Irvine C, Macri JA, Pressman E, Thornburg L, Poleshuck E, Bell K, Best M, Barrett E, Miller RK, O'Connor, TG (2021). The Biopsychosocial Model and Perinatal Health Care: Determinants of Perinatal Care in a Community Sample. Manuscript submitted for publication, Frontiers in Psychiatry.
- Shallcross AJ, Duberstein ZT, Sperber SH, Visvanathan PD, Carmody J, Spruill TM (2021). An Open Trial of Telephone-Delivered Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy: Feasability, Acceotability, and Preliminary Efficacy for Reducing Depressive Symptoms. In Press, Cognitive and Behavioral Practice.
- Shallcross AJ, Visvanathan PD, Sperber SH, & Duberstein ZT (2019). Waking up to the problem of sleep: Can mindfulness help? A review of theory and evidence for the effects of mindfulness for sleep. Current Opinion in Psychology, 28, 37-41.
Selected Poster Presentation
- Kalinowski, Jolaade & Castañeda, Sheila & Allison, Matthew & Duberstein, Zoe & Kaur, Kiranjot & Rutigliano, Mallory & Jin, Peng & Fredericks, Samuel & Yepez, Myriam & Sperber, Sarah & Payano, Leydi & Ogedegbe, Gbenga & Spruill, Tanya. (2021). Abstract P191: Telephone-based Mindfulness Training In Diverse Prehypertensive Women: Results Of A Pilot Randomized Controlled Trial. Circulation. 143. 10.1161/circ.143.suppl_1.P191.
- Duberstein ZT, Sperber SH, Kalinowski J, Reynolds HR, Berger JS, Spruill TM (2020). Low resilience is associated with poorer psychological recovery in women with acute myocardial infarction. Poster accepted to the Society of Behavioral Medicine Conference. **confirmed it has been published in annals of behavioral medicine vol 54 iss s1 2020, p 722
- Sperber SH, Duberstein ZT, Kalinowski J, Reynolds HR, Berger JS, Spruill TM (2020). Psychosocial Risk Factors for Depression in Women With Myocardial Infarction: Mindfulness and Rumination. Poster presented at the American Heart Association Scientific Sessions Conference.
- Duberstein ZT, Sperber SH, Kalinowski J, Reynolds HR, Berger JS, Spruill TM (2020). Low resilience is associated with poorer psychological recovery in women with acute myocardial infarction. Poster accepted to the Society of Behavioral Medicine Conference.
- Park C, Duberstein ZT, Rutigliano M, Malinowski J, Blanc J, Shallcross AJ, Park K, Toma C, Suppogu N, Mehta L, Ibrahim K, Marzo K, Jhalani N, Thomas D, Giesler C, Ahmed B, Mehta P, Reynolds H, Spruill TM (2019). Psychological and demographic correlates of objectively measured sleep duration and quality in women with myocardial infarction. Poster presented at the American Heart AssociationScientific Sessions Conference.
2018-2020: Research Assistant, Center for Healthful Behavior Change, NYU School of Medicine (PIs: Drs. Amanda Shallcross and Tanya Spruill)
2011-2015: University of Rochester, BA, Psychology and Pre-Medical Studies