My research interests broadly focus on the perinatal period, reproductive health, and wellbeing. In particular, I am interested in the ways in which parental factors affect the child; health disparities among perinatal individuals; and childbirth outcomes. I am interested in utilizing biological, behavioral, and psychological factors within my research.
- Hoptman, M., Rette, D., Arnold, M., Shope, C., McDonald, E., & Iosifescu, D. (2021). Neural correlates of emotion regulation in suicidal ideation and behavior in schizophrenia: A preliminary study. [Abstract]. Biological Psychiatry, 89(9). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biopsych.2021.02.670
- Kalibatseva, Z., Arnold, M., Connelly, K. E., Marottoli, M. L., Tominberg, J., Ferri, C., & Morrell, N. (2021). Stigma towards eating disorders among attendees and non-attendees of outreach events. International Journal of Psychological Studies, 13(2), 14. https://doi.org/10.5539/ijps.v13n2p14
- Rette, D.N., Arnold, M., McDonald, E. M., Hoptman, M. J., Collins, K. A., Tobe, R. H., & Iosifescu, D. V. (2020). Influences on childhood depressive symptoms: The effects of trauma and distress tolerance across age and sex groups. Journal of Affective Disorders, 283, 373–376. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jad.2021.01.064
- Arnold, M., & Kalibatseva, Z. (2020). Are “Superwomen” without social support at risk for postpartum depression and anxiety? Women & Health, 1–12. https://doi.org/10.1080/03630242.2020.1844360
- De la Garrigue, N., Glasser, J., Sehatpour, P., Iosifescu, D. V., Dias, E., Carlson, M., Shope, Braun, H. M., Wolfer, S., Bermudez, D., Arnold, M., Rette, D., Meftah, A., Conant, M., Lieberman, J., & Kantrowitz, J. (2020). Grant report on d-Serine augmentation of neuroplasticity-based auditory learning in schizophrenia. Journal of Psychiatry and Brain Science. 5(4), e200018
- Fleck, J. I., Arnold, M., Dykstra, B., Casario, K., Douglas, E., & Morris, O. (2019). Distinct functional connectivity patterns are associated with social and cognitive lifestyle factors: Pathways to cognitive reserve. Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience, 11:310. doi:10.3389/fnagi.2019.00310
- Iosifescu, D. V., Norton, R. J., Tural, U., Collins, K. A., Taboada, L. D., Foster, S. L., Cusin, C., Rette, D., Arnold, M., Schoenfeld, D. A., Mischoulon, D., & Cassano, P. Very low-level transcranial
- photobiomodulation in major depression: The ELATED-3 study. Poster presentation at Society of Biological Psychiatry Conference. New York, New York, 2020.
- Arnold, M. & Kalibatseva, Z. Are ‘Superwomen’ without social support at risk for postpartum depression and anxiety? Oral presentation at Day of Scholarship. Galloway, New Jersey, 2019.
- Casario, K., Arnold, M., Mangels, N., & Fleck, J. The effects of occupational complexity on brain activity and cognitive reserve. Poster presentation at Cognitive Neuroscience Society. San Francisco, California, 2019.
- Kalibatseva, Z., Arnold, M., & Connelly, K. Stigma towards eating disorders among attendees and non-attendees of outreach events. Poster presentation at the Association for Psychological Science Conference. Boston, Massachusetts, 2017.
2019-2021 Nathan S. Kline Institute for Psychiatric Research, Research Assistant (PI: Dan Iosifescu & Matthew Hoptman)
2015-2019 Stockton University, B.A. in Psychology with a concentration in Empirical Research, summa cum laude