Why Study Abroad?
Open your eyes to the world
Invest in your future by developing cross-cultural skills that will enable you to communicate with professionals anywhere in the world.
Enhance your career
Learn how to function in a culturally diverse environment early on. Develop broader skills and the ability to adapt to new environments.
See your culture and yourself from a different perspective. Learn to appreciate other languages and global perspectives, while better understanding your own values.
Did you know?
You do not need to speak another language to study abroad. Many programs offer courses in English.
The Center for Education Abroad at University of Rochester recommends the following programs for students seeking instruction in Jewish Studies and Hebrew Language while abroad:
- Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva
- Rothberg International School at the Hebrew University, Jerusalem
- Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv
- Bar-Ilan University, Ramat Gan
- University of Haifa, Haifa
For information on all programs available, consult the Center for Education Abroad website.
For departmental credit see:
Dr. Michela Andreatta
425 Rush Rhees Library | (585) 275-7465
For elective credit, consult with a study abroad advisor.
What are my first steps?
- Attend an information session
- Research available programs
- Meet with a study abroad advisor