- Associate Professor of Economics
PhD, University of Chicago, 2005
221 Harkness Hall
Office Hours: By appointment
- Labor Economics
- Applied Econometrics
- Urban Economics
- On the Production of Skills and the Birth Order Effect (Accepted for publication at JHR)
- "The Specificity of General Human Capital: Evidence from College Major Choice" (Last Modified 05/2014 - joint with Josh Kinsler) Forthcoming at Journal of Labor Economics - October 2015.
- "Inequality and City Size". (joint with Nathaniel Baum-Snow) Review of Economics and Statistics (2013) 95-5: 1535-1548.
- "Understanding the City Size Wage Gap". (joint with Nathaniel Baum-Snow) – 2012 Review of Economic Studies 79 (1), 88-127.
- "Family Income and Higher Education Choices: The Importance of Accounting for College Quality", (joint with Josh Kinsler) Journal of Human Capital 5-4 (Winter 2011)
- "Career Choice and Wage Growth". – Journal of Labor Economics 29-3 (July 2011)
- "The role of Career Choice in Understanding Job Mobility." – LABOUR, 2010, 24, (2), 107-127
- Why Has Urban Inequality Increased? (joint with Nathaniel Baum-Snow and Matthew Freedman - 2014)
- Total Earnings and "Usual" Wages: Reinterpreting the Role of Job to Job Transitions (joint with Maria Canon)
- "A Flexible Model of Individual Wage Dynamics and Job Mobility Outcomes", (Last modified 08/08)
Work in Progress
- Substance Abuse and the Production of Cognitive Skill (joint with Josh Kinsler)
- Distorted Beliefs and Parental Investment in Children (joint with Josh Kinsler)
- Maternal Emotional Well-being and Child Development (with Emilia Del Bono)