- Trade Adjustment Dynamics and the Welfare Gains from Trade, (w. H. Choi and K. Ruhl), Updated July 2015
- Export Dynamics in Large Devaluations (with Pratap and Yue)
- The Role of Exporting and Trade for Entry over the Business Cycle" (w. H. Choi)
- Job Turnover and International Trade (w. H. Choi, A. Delacroix, N. Petrosky-Nadeau)
Courses Offered (subject to change)
- ECO 475: Macroeconomics I, Syllabus
- Microeconomic Uncertainty, International Trade, and Aggregate Fluctuations, (w. H. Choi, J. Kaboski and Journal of Monetary Economics, (January 2015)
- Do Falling Iceberg Costs Explain US Export Growth? (w. H. Choi), Journal of International Economics, (November 2014) 94(2) 311-325.
- Establishment Heterogeneity, Exporter Dynamics, and the Effects of Trade Liberalization, (w. H. Choi), Journal of International Economics, (November 2014) pp. 207-223.
- Trade Wedges, Inventories, and International Business Cycles (w. J. Kaboski and V. Midrigan), Journal of Monetary Economics, (January 2013)
- U.S. Trade and Inventory Dynamics (w. J. Kaboski and V. Midrigan), American Economic Review, (May 2011).
- Inventories, Lumpy Trade, and Large Devaluations (w. J. Kaboski and V. Midrigan), American Economic Review, (December 2011).
- The Great Trade Collapse of 2008-09: An Inventory Adjustment?, (w. J. Kaboski and V. Midrigan), IMF Economic Review, (December 2010)
- Pricing-to-Market and the Failure of Absolute PPP, (w. J. Kaboski) , American Economic Journal: Macro (January 2011)
An early version of the this paper, Violating Purchasing Power Parity
Data: Classification of goods sold on organized exchanges. (NoteData)
Data: Classification of HS goods by Quality variation (NoteData)
- Consumer Search, Price Dispersion and International Relative Price Fluctuations, International Economic Review, (August 2009)
- Trade and the (Dis) Incentive to Reform Labor Markets, (with A. Delacroix), Journal of International Economics, (May 2008) pp. 151-166.
- Do Sunk Costs of Exporting Matter for Net Export Dynamics? (w H. Choi), Quarterly Journal of Economics(February 2007), pp. 289-336.
- Endogenous Financial Intermediation and Real Effects of Capital Account Liberalization, (with J. Qian), Journal of International Economics (September 2005), pp. 97-128.
- International Deviations from the Law of One Price: The Role of Search Frictions and Market Share, International Economic Review (November 2004), pp. 1263-91.
- The Great Trade Collapse (and Recovery)
- Trade Deficits Aren't As Bad As You Think
- Why are Goods So Cheap in Some Countries? (with J. Kaboski)
- The Exchange Rate: What's in it for Prices? (with J. Zee)
- Understanding Exports from the Plant Up (W H. Choi)
- Trade and Inventory Dynamics (with J. Kaboski and V. Midrigan), in Recovery and Beyond: Lessons for Trade Adjustment and Competitiveness (2011), European Central Bank E-Book. (edited by Ben Mandel and Filippo di Mauro)