A collaborative effort between the University of Rochester and CP Rochester, the Inspiration Project is a volunteer program that connects University of Rochester students with consumers served by CP Rochester.
During the spring semester, students who show strength in writing meet once a week with a group of adults from CP Rochester. Each student is paired with an adult from CP Rochester and together, the pairs work to produce a complete, purposeful, polished work, in the form of a story, a short memoir, or a selection of poems. The result of this Inspirational work is an anthology, published in print and shared at a capstone reading event.
'Inspiration Project' gives local writers a voice
13WHAM-TV, April 26, 2019
UR students help adults write their stories
Democrat & Chronicle, May 21, 2016
The Inspiration Project Documentary
UR alumna Ziyuan Jasmine Cen produced a short documentary about the Inspiration Project for the program’s fifth anniversary.
Each year, University of Rochester students and adults from CP Rochester produce a new volume of the Inspiration Project anthology, called Dignity. Each volume is printed and bound and released at the capstone reading. Below are a selection of anthologies from previous years of creative collaboration.
- Dignity, spring 2021, volume 10
- Dignity, spring 2019, volume 9
- Dignity, spring 2018, volume 8
- Dignity, spring 2017, volume 7
- Dignity, spring 2016, volume 6
- Dignity, spring 2015, volume 5
- Dignity, spring 2014, volume 4
- Dignity, spring 2013, volume 3
- Dignity, spring 2012, volume 2
- Dignity, spring 2011, volume 1