Why Study Abroad?
Open your eyes to the world
Invest in your future by developing cross-cultural skills that will enable you to communicate with professionals anywhere in the world.
Enhance your career
Learn how to function in a culturally diverse environment early on. Develop broader skills and the ability to adapt to new environments.
See your culture and yourself from a different perspective. Learn to appreciate other languages and global perspectives, while better understanding your own values.
Did you know?
You do not need to speak another language to study abroad. Many programs offer courses in English.
The following programs are especially suited for students looking to take religion courses while abroad:
- Jagiellonian University (Poland)
- The Hebrew University of Jerusalem (Israel)
- American University in Cairo (Egypt)
The following programs are especially suited for classics majors and minors and students looking to take classics courses while abroad:
- Advanced Studies in England (summer, semester or year)
- American School of Classical Studies in Athens (summer)
- College Year in Athens (summer, semester or year)
- IES Abroad Rome (semester or year)
- Intercollegiate Center for Classical Studies in Rome (semester)
- Paideia Institute (summer)
UR faculty-led programs:
- Arezzo Italian Studies in Tuscany (semester, fall only)
- Sacred Spaces in Greece (semester course at UR with intersession travel)
- San Martino Archaeological Field School (summer)
For more information about studying abroad, visit the study abroad site.
For major or departmental credit see:
434 Rush Rhees Library
For elective credit, consult with a study abroad advisor.