Why Study Abroad?
Open your eyes to the world
Invest in your future by developing cross-cultural skills that will enable you to communicate with professionals anywhere in the world.
Enhance your career
Learn how to function in a culturally diverse environment early on. Develop broader skills and the ability to adapt to new environments.
See your culture and yourself from a different perspective. Learn to appreciate other languages and global perspectives, while better understanding your own values.
Did you know?
You do not need to speak another language to study abroad. Many programs offer courses in English.
The following programs are especially suited for students looking to take religion courses while abroad:
The following programs are especially suited for classics majors and minors and students looking to take classics courses while abroad:
- American School of Classical Studies in Athens (summer)
- College Year in Athens (summer)
- Paideia Institute (summer)
- Advanced Studies in England (semester or year)
- College Year in Athens (semester or year)
- Intercollegiate Center for Classical Studies in Rome (semester)
- IES Abroad Rome (semester or year)
- University of Bristol (semester or year)
UR faculty-led programs:
- Arezzo Italian Studies in Tuscany (spring semester only)
- Sacred Spaces in Greece (semester course at UR with intersession travel)
- Athens - Ancient City, Modern Capital (spring break)
- San Martino Archaeological Field School (summer)
For more information about studying abroad, visit the study abroad site.
For major or departmental credit see:
434 Rush Rhees Library
For elective credit, consult with a study abroad advisor.