Call for Student Choreographers!
The Program of Dance and Movement is now accepting proposals from students interested in creating new dance works.
Those accepted will take part in the fully produced concert on April 21, 2017. This is a great opportunity to receive faculty support and feedback during your creative process.
Interested students are encouraged to apply for this great opportunity by sending the following information to be considered by the Program of Dance and Movement Faculty. To apply, please send the below requirements via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Due by 2/24 must include:
- Personal Information of choreographer including name, contact info, current year and major.
- Working Title
- Number of Dancers
- Estimated Length
- Short Description of the Piece
Interdisciplinary and/or collaborative work that combines dance/movement with other forms of art or thought are encouraged but not necessary. Some examples are film, light, live music, other media, social justice, etc.
**Please note the important dates for this concert are:
- 3/24 Showing (4:30 p.m. in Spurrier Dance Studio)
- Monday 4/17 and Wednesday 4/19 Tech Rehearsals (Spurrier Dance Studio)
- Thursday 4/20 at 8 p.m. Dress Rehearsal
- Friday 4/21 8 p.m. Performance (Spurrier Dance Studio)