My research is in the field of developmental psychopathology, specifically on intergenerational transmission of maltreatment and attachment. I am interested in using multi-level methods to research how maternal experiences and biology transact over the lifespan to affect the mother-child attachment relationship and, in turn, child developmental, psychosocial, and biological outcomes.
- Russotti, J., Warmingham, J.M., Handley, E.D., Rogosch, F.A., Cicchetti, D. (in press). Child maltreatment: An intergenerational cascades model of risk processes potentiating child psychopathology. Child Abuse & Neglect.
- Warmingham, J.M., Handley, E.D., Russotti, J, Rogosch, F.A., Cicchetti, D. (in press) Childhood attention and maltreatment experiences predict decision making performance in early adulthood. Developmental Psychology.
- Russotti, J., Warmingham, J.M., Handley, E.D., Rogosch, F.A., Cicchetti, D., (in press). Characterizing competence among a high-risk sample of emerging adults: Prospective predictions and biological considerations. Development & Psychopathology.
- Adams, T.R., Handley, E.D., Warmingham, J.M., Toth, S.L., Manly, J.T., Cicchetti, D. (2020). Patterns of dating violence moderate the effect of child maltreatment on suicide risk among disadvantaged minority female adolescents with depressive symptoms. Journal of Family Violence. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10896-020-00153-5
- Alto, M. E., Warmingham, J. M., Handley, E. D., Rogosch, F., Cicchetti, D., & Toth, S. L. (2020). Developmental pathways from maternal history of childhood maltreatment and maternal depression to toddler attachment and early childhood behavioral outcomes. Attachment & Human Development, 1-22. https://doi.org/10.1080/14616734.2020.1734642
- Warmingham, J. M., Rogosch, F. A., & Cicchetti, D. (2020). Intergenerational maltreatment and child emotion dysregulation. Child Abuse & Neglect, 102. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chiabu.2020.104377
- Sierau, S., Warmingham, J., White, L. O., Klein, A. M., & von Klitzing, K. (2020). Childhood emotional and conduct problems in childhood and adolescence differentially associated with intergenerational maltreatment continuity and parental internalizing symptoms. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, 48(1), 29-42. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10802-019-00575-w
- Handley, E. D., Warmingham, J. M., Rogosch, F. A., & Cicchetti, D. (2019). Infancy onset maltreatment and the development of suicide ideation: An investigation of moderation by oxytocin-related gene polymorphisms. Journal of Affective Disorders, 257, 421-427. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jad.2019.06.051
- Warmingham, J. M., Handley, E. D., Rogosch, F. A., Manly, J. T., & Cicchetti, D. (2019). Identifying maltreatment subgroups with patterns of maltreatment subtype and chronicity: A latent class analysis approach. Child Abuse & Neglect, 87, 28-39. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chiabu.2018.08.013
- 2012-2014: NIH Intramural Research Training Award Fellowship
- 2011-2012: Cornell University Dean's List
Office of Minority Student Affairs:
Instructor of Record, University of Rochester Early College Opportunities (ECO) Program
Summer 2018 Math for Social Sciences, Graduate Teaching Assistant
Department of Psychology:
- Fall 2019 Structural Equation Modeling I (PSY 516)
- Spring 2019 SPSS Lab for Data Analysis II: General Linear Applications (PSY 519)
- Fall 2018 Structural Equation Modeling I (PSY 516)
- Spring 2018 SPSS Lab Data Analysis II: General Linear Applications (PSY 519)
- Spring 2017 Social Psychology & Individual Differences (PSY 161)
- Fall 2016 Theory of Personality and Psychotherapy (PSY 181)
- Spring 2016 Abnormal Psychology (PSY 282)
- Fall 2015 Introduction to Psychology (PSY 101)
Education - Cornell University, BA Psychology, 2012