I study the cognitive foundations of religious belief, dual-processing theories, and the public perception of science and science education.
- McPhetres, J., & Nguyen, T. T. (2017). Using findings from the cognitive science of religion to understand current conflicts between religious and scientific ideologies. Religion, Brain & Behavior. doi: 10.1080/2153599X.2017.1326399
- McPhetres, J., & Zuckerman, M. (2017). Religious people endorse different standards of evidence when evaluating religious versus scientific claims. Social Psychological and Personality Science. doi: 10.1177/1948550617691098
- Teaching Assistant: Theory of Personality and Psychotherapy (Fall, 2015)
- Introduction to Psychology: University of Texas (2014)
- Foundations of Multicultural Diversity: University of Texas (2014)
M.A. Experimental Psychology - University of Texas, Permian Basin (2014)
B.A. English - University of Texas, Permian Basin, (2007)