Entry Year: 2017-2018
Faculty Mentor(s): Elizabeth Handley
184 Meliora Hall
Fax: (585) 273-1100
My primary research interests focus on unpacking the complex etiology of suicidal behaviors, specifically by further investigating the mechanisms catalyzing the transition from suicidal thoughts to actions among adolescents. Additionally, I am interested in improving the objective measures of risk assessment and evidence based treatments for high-risk adolescents.
Peer Reviewed Publications
- Glenn, C. R., Lanzillo, E. C., Esposito, E. C., Santee, A. C., Nock, M. K., & Auerbach, R. P. (2017). Examining the course of suicidal and nonsuicidal self-injurious thoughts and behaviors in outpatient and inpatient adolescents. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, 45, 971-983.
- Glenn, C. R., Kleiman, E. M., Coppersmith, D. L., Santee, A. C., Esposito, E. C., Cha, C. B., Nock, M. K., & Auerbach, R. P. (2017). Implicit Identification with death/suicide predicts change in suicide ideation during psychiatric treatment in adolescents. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry.
- Stewart, J. G., Esposito, E. C., Glenn, C. R., Gilman, S. E., Pridgen, B., Gold, J., & Auerbach, R. P. (2017). Adolescent self-injurers: Comparing non-ideators, suicide ideators, and suicide attempters. Journal of Psychiatric Research, 84, 105-112.
- Auerbach, R. P., Millner, A. J., Stewart, J. G., & Esposito, E. C. (2015). Identifying differences between depressed adolescent suicide ideators and attempters. Journal of Affective Disorders, 186, 127-133.
- Esposito, E. C., Stewart, J. G., Lutz, N., & Auerbach, R. P. (2017). Reward deficits in depressed adolescent self-injurers. Poster presented at the Anxiety and Depression Association of America Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA.
- Esposito, E. C., van Alphen, N. R., Stewart, J. G., Pridgen, B., Gold, J., & Auerbach, R. P. (2016). Predictors of rehospitalization for depressed adolescents admitted to acute psychiatric treatment. Poster presented at the Anxiety and Depression Association of America Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, PA.
- Esposito, E. C., Stewart, J. G., Tarlow, N., & Auerbach, R. P. (2015). Using Distress Tolerance to Differentiate Adolescents with Depression and Borderline Personality Disorder. Poster presented at the annual McLean Hospital Research Day, Belmont, MA.
- 2017: Robert L. and Mary L. Sproull University Fellowship, University of Rochester