My research interests include statistical mechanics, probability, discrete dynamical systems, and discrete geometry.
Publications and Preprints
- I. Alevy and S. Mkrtchyan, The Limit Shape of the Leaky Abelian Sandpile Model, submitted 2020. We show that the limit shape of the Leaky-ASM is the dual of the amoeba of the associated spectral curve.
- I. Alevy, R. Kenyon and R. Yi, A Family of Minimal and Renormalizable Rectangle Exchange Maps, Ergodic Theory and Dynamical Systems, 1-28, doi:10.1017/etds.2019.77, 2019. We study certain rectangle exchange maps using a cut-and-project method.
- Regular Polygon Surfaces. How can you build a surface which is topologically a sphere but whose faces are regular Euclidean polygons? Submitted 2018.
- I. Alevy and E. Tsukerman. Polygonal Bicycle Paths and the Darboux Transformation, Involve, 9(1):57–66, 2016.
- T. Nagylaki, L. Su, I. Alevy and T. Dupont. Clines with Partial Panmixia in an Environmental Pocket, Theoretical Population Biology, 95:24-32, 2014.
- The Limit Shape of the Leaky Abelian Sandpile Model.Slides and Recording
- Renormalizable Rectangle Exchange Maps.Slides and Recording
- Regular Polygon Surfaces