Skip to main content

Study in Arezzo

Visa Information

Student Visas

If you are not a citizen of the European Union, you will need to apply for a student visa for your semester in Italy. You may apply through the Consulate General of Italy in New York, or the consulate of your residence/jurisdiction, after being admitted to the program, and no more than 90 days in advance of the program start date. 

The visa application process is time-consuming and you will have to go to a consulate to apply. Take time now to familiarize yourself with the application and required materials, some of which you can already begin putting together.

You will need a passport that is valid at least three months beyond the program end date. Other countries you visit may require that your passport be valid six months beyond your stay, so we recommend that your passport be valid through at least November 2019. 

Visit the Consulate General of Italy in New York for more information about applying for a visa. Note that the consulate associated with your home jurisdiction may have different requirements. In any case, you must submit your visa application materials in person at the appropriate Italian consulate.