Fall 2022 Advising
Open Advising Hours
Do you have questions about which chemistry course to take in your first year at Rochester? Come to office hours to have all your questions answered! (no appointment necessary)
Chemistry Advising Office Hours on Zoom:
12-1 pm, Monday through Thursday, August 8-11, 2022.
Join Zoom Meeting: https://rochester.zoom.us/j/96073045726, Meeting ID: 960 7304 5726
Prof. Alison Frontier will host on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Prof. David McCamant will host on Monday and Thursday.
Students are also encouraged to contact a member of the chemistry Undergraduate Studies Committee, or one of our chemistry peer advisors via email to discuss chemistry courses, registration, planning a major or minor, transfer credit*, and other general chemistry questions.
Academic Open House
There will also be an Academic Open House during the week of Orientation on Thursday, August 25th, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m, in the Feldman Ballroom in Douglass Commons. Come meet some members of the chemistry department!
- *Transfer Credit/Course Approval Forms for Chemistry courses need to be signed by the Chemistry Undergraduate Coordinator, Professor David McCamant or Prof. Alison Frontier, and can also be handled via email. (see: Requesting Transfer Credit)
Fall 2022 course registration for incoming students will open on:
- Wednesday, August 10 at 9 a.m. ET for transfer students
- Thursday, August 11 at 9 a.m. ET for first-year students
After you've discussed your first-semester courses with your academic advisors(s), you'll start preparing to register for classes in UR Student, the University's student information system. Follow the steps outlined on the New Student Academic Guide to make sure you’re ready for your registration day. Check out the University's Registration Day Resources website for more information, including how to Create a saved schedule, tutorials and links to other resources.
For more information see: First-Year Information for Students Taking Chemistry Courses
Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors:
Fall 2022 registration begins Monday, April 11.
Students must register for courses in UR Student. Before registering students should review the course schedule in UR Student for available courses rather than CDCS which may not have the most accurate information. For instructions see the finding course sections guide (PDF).
For more information see the UR Student undergraduate registration page, graduate registration page, or service and support page.
Chemistry Policies & Advising Links
- First-Year Information for Students Taking Chemistry Courses
- Chemistry Major Overview
- Chemistry Minor Overview
- Chemistry Undergraduate Studies Committee & Peer Advisors
- Requesting Transfer Credit
- More Chemistry Dept. Policies & Advising Links
- CCAS - College Center for Advising Services
- Review course offerings in UR Student (UR Student may be more up to date than the CDCS Course Listing
- COVID-19 Resource Center
- Greene Center for Career Education & Connections website
- Health Professions Information
- Registrar's Office