Publications and Presentations
- "The Monocultre of Global Capitalism and the State of Contemporary Chinese Art" in Journal of Contemporary Chinese Art, Volume 3, Number 3, pp. 337-344, Intellect, Ltd., December 2016.
- "Aluss: Photographing Nomadic Life in Northwest China" in Trans Asia Photography Review, Volume 7, Issue 1: Self and Nation, Michigan Publishing, Fall 2016.
- “The Future that Will Be: John Thomson’s Geological Prospecting and the Certainty of Historicism” in the 26th Annual Graduate Student Conference on East Asia, Columbia University, Feb.24-25, 2017.
- "35 Millimeters of Memory: On the Standard of the Vernacular" in The University of Chicago Graduate Student Conference, University of Chicago, October 7-9, 2016.
- "Beyond 'The Ninth Wave': On the State of Contemporary Chinese Art," Associational for Assian Studies Annual Conference, Seattle, April, 2016.
- “Cuts, Stitches, and Disjunctures: On a 19th Century Panorama of Beijing” in Western Concerence of the Association for Asian Studies, University of Utah, October 9-10, 2015.
Fellowships, Grants and Awards
- Fellow, the Flaherty Seminar, 2017.
- Working Group Grant, Central New York Humanities Corridor by an award by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, 2017.
- Best Graduate Student Paper Prize, China and Inner Asia Council, Association for Asian Studies, 2016.
- Social Science Research Council DPDF Fellowship, 2016.
- Celeste Heughes Bishop Award for Distinction in Graduate Studies, 2016.
- Andrew W. Mellon Fellowship in Digital Humanities, 2016-2018.
- Global Scholarship for Research Excellence, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2014.
- Susan B. Anthony Institute Research Grant, S. B. Anthony Institute for Gender & Women Studies, 2014.
- Hobart Heritage Scholar, Hobart and William Smith Colleges, 2013.
- Woodworth Fellowship, Fisher Center for the Study of Men and Women, Hobart and William Smith Colleges, 2012.
"Photography as Omen: Chinese Landscape and the Prospective Vision of Empire, 1856-1912"